Christoph Mäckler Architekten, 2010
One of the Upper Rhine area's most important museums presents art highlights from the Middle Ages to the 19th century in a former monastery. The museum has been present on this site since 1923. Modern exhibition rooms were created as part of a renovation in 2010. The Escher-like staircase in the foyer offers some initial insights into and through the exhibition halls, including into the former nave with its medieval cathedral figures. The renovated historic choir room under the roof adds a special ambiance to the exhibition.
To be viewed from the outside and inside.