The varied nature of the southern Black Forest includes play areas, various types of pitches and recreational areas:
- Picnic with a view: enjoy the valley and mountain landscapes around the Belchen or the Schauinsland mountain with views of the Alps!
- A welcome cooling-down: The cool spray of the Todtnauer or the Menzenschwander waterfalls is wonderfully refreshing in hot summer months.
- On to new hobbies: how about fly fishing or a round of golf?
- Tradition and culture: do you actually know how a mill works? Get to know an ancient craft and get a close look at woodcarvers as they work.
- Small but powerful: there are great things to discover in the villages of the Southern Black Forest, for example historic buildings such as the monasteries in St. Blasien.
- See through the eyes of children: roam the magic forest near Bernau with your little ones. Splashing on the waterwheel and looking out into the moor from the climbing trees is all part of it.
Insider info: Established in 2017, the UNESCO approved biosphere reserve, located at the heart of the Southern Black Forest Nature Park, stretches over 632 square kilometers, which corresponds to 88,000 soccer pitches. The region sees itself as a model for sustainable nature and habitats in which a healthy balance between humans and nature, the environment and the economy as well as tradition and contemporary movements is brought to life.